MAY & JUNE Community Whitewater Paddles
|Date||2022 May 01-Jun 26|
|Address||Vedder Bridge, Chilliwack River|
Join the CCE Paddling Club for FREE adult-oriented instructor-led community whitewater paddles! Meet new paddling friends and enjoy a fun, social paddle on the river. We will start on the lower sections of the river and work up, according to the river levels and the skills/confidence of the group. Youth must be competent paddlers, and must be accompanied by an adult who is also a competent paddler.
THIS IS NOT A LESSON. You must be able to take care of yourself on the river to join this group i.e. you are a competent grade 2 (or higher) whitewater paddler and you can:
1. Paddle in a straight line and avoid/ paddle away from river hazards
2. Enter and exit eddies without tipping
3. Calmly exit your boat if you tip - or roll your boat. You don't need to have a bomb-proof roll but we want to avoid swims and rescues
If you don't have a roll you must paddle well below your paddling ability to avoid swims. If you don't already have these skills PLEASE take some lessons https://chilliwackcentreofexcellence.sportical.com/events?search=&category_id=207. Your instructors will let you know when you are ready to join the community whitewater night.
1. There is no charge but you MUST be a club member, register (and pay) here: http://CCECanoeKayak.rampregistrations.com and you MUST pre-register for each whitewater night you wish to attend.
2. We strongly encourage you to use your own equipment. We can provide equipment for a small fee.
3. Maximum group size is 8, so register early to avoid disappointment!
MEMBERSHIP (Adult $45, Youth $25) Drop in membership also available.
|Prerequisite||Class II whitewater skills|
|Contact||Monika 778 3183800|
|This is a Chilliwack Centre of Excellence sanctioned event|
|Category||Community - Whitewater|
|Deadline||June 25, 2022 20:00|