AUG/SEPT Community Whitewater Nights
|Date||2021 Aug 05-Sep 30|
|Address||Vedder Bridge, Chilliwack River|
Join the CCE Paddling Club for FREE adult-oriented instructor-led community whitewater nights! Meet new paddling friends and enjoy a relaxing physically distanced paddle on the river. We will start on the lower sections of the river and work up, according to the river levels and the skills/confidence of the group. Youth must be competent paddlers, and must be accompanied by an adult who is also a competent paddler.
THIS IS NOT A LESSON. You must be able to take care of yourself on the river to join this group i.e. you are a competent grade 2 (or higher) whitewater paddler and you can:
1. Paddle in a straight line and avoid/ paddle away from river hazards
2. Enter and exit eddies without tipping
3. Calmly exit your boat if you tip - or roll your boat. You don't need to have a bomb-proof roll but we want to avoid swims and rescues
If you don't have a roll you must paddle well below your paddling ability to avoid swims. If you don't already have these skills PLEASE take some lessons. We recommend Purple Hayes https://www.purplehayes.bc.ca/ OR you can email us ([email protected]) for details about private whitewater lessons with our club instructors. Your instructors will let you know when you are ready to join the community whitewater night.
COVID-19 POLICY http://ccekayak.com/water-safetey. Your safety, and that of our instructors, is our #1 concern.
1. There is no charge but you MUST be a club member, register here: http://CCECanoeKayak.rampregistrations.com and you MUST pre-register for each whitewater night you wish to attend.
2. We strongly encourage you to use your own equipment. We can provide equipment for a small fee.
3. To enable physical distancing the maximum group size is 8, so register early to avoid disappointment!
4. YOU MUST ORGANISE YOUR OWN SHUTTLE. Please do not ask our instructors to help with the shuttle due to COVID. These river runs will be short so pre-placing a bike at the take-out is also a possibility.
5. All participants must confirm that they have no symptoms of COVID-19 and have not been required to self-isolate or quarantine, at the start of every event.
MEMBERSHIP (Adult $45, Youth $25)
You can pay for the membership when you register for this event. If you do not wish to pay using PayPal please email us for information about paying by e-transfer.
|Prerequisite||Class II whitewater skills|
|Contact||Jacob 778 3183800|
|This is a Chilliwack Centre of Excellence sanctioned event|
|Category||Community - Whitewater|
|Deadline||September 18, 2021 12:00|